The work of the FCSM is conducted through various groups: interest groups, subcommittees, and conference program committee.
Goal: provide ongoing opportunity for individuals interested in a particular topic to interact, exchange information on the topic, explore related issues, and produce products and/or events of interest to the group.
Membership: generally open to all interested federal employees
- Innovating Data Collection Interest Group
- Confidentiality and Data Access Committee (CDAC)
- Computational Statistics and the Production of Official Statistics (CSPOS) Interest Group
- Geospatial Interest Group (GIG)
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Sex Characteristics (SOGISC) Interest Group
Goal: explore some particular aspect of statistical methodology and produce a specific product within a set period of time. Products may include reports, working papers, guidance, or recommendations.
Membership: Determined by the FCSM