CDAC: Resources for Confidentiality and Data Access Information
CDAC Methodology and Other Reports
The following are reports selected by CDAC for inclusion on this site. The site is not meant to cover all methodology reports on the topics of confidentiality, privacy, statistical disclosure limitation, and related topics.
- Checklist on Disclosure Potential of Proposed Data Releases  (July 1999)
- Brochure - "Confidentiality and Data Access Issues Among Federal Agencies"
- Restricted Access Procedures
This document discusses methods for providing access to statistical data while limiting the risk of disclosure of confidential information. The methods include Research Data Centers (RDCs), remote access and on-line query systems, research fellowships and post-doctoral programs, and licensing agreements.
- Panel on Disclosure Review Boards of Federal Agencies
Characteristics, Defining Qualities and Generalizability (papers presented at the 2000 Joint Statistical Meetings)
- Identifiability in Microdata Files:
This document provides an understanding of what variables and types of data might make individual respondents identifiable in a microdata file.
- "The FCSM Confidentiality and Data Access Committee," Alvan O. Zarate, Jacob Bournazian and Virginia de Wolf Paper presented at the FCSM Statistical Policy Seminar: Integrating Federal Statistical Information and Processes (November 8-9, 2000).
Additional Sources of Information