Computational Statistics and the Production of Official Statistics (CSPOS)
The purpose of this interest group is to share information on computational statistics and the production of official statistics across federal agencies, to identify areas of common research, to coordinate collaborative research projects in those areas, and to disseminate information related to computational statistical methods and the implementation of these methods to produce official statistics
FCSM Interest Group on Computational Statistics and the Production of Official Statistics Proposal FCSM CSPOS Proposed Interest Group.
Solicitation of Interest: FCSM Interest Group on Computational Statistics and the Production of Official Statistics (CSPOS) FCSM CSPOS Solicitation Final.
CSPOS Areas of Interest
- New and emerging computational methods in statistics such as Hierarchical Bayesian model integration through Gaussian fields and parallel implementations of machine learning methods.
- Training statistical and information technology staff on emerging programming languages such as R and python.
- Sharing best practices for implementation and maintenance of statistical software.
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration on statistical computing projects.
- Creating a dialog between information technology staff and statisticians.
- Creating a dialog between information technology staff at different agencies.
Please contact the group chair(s) if you are a federal employee and interested in participating.